AccuPlace is seeking a Machinist that will be responsible for fabricating parts to specification from engineering drawings by performing own set-ups on all shop equipment using manual lathes, vertical mills, surface grinders, and general machine shop equipment.
As a Machinist, you will be responsible for meeting production goals including machine utilization targets, performing inspection of all your work, fixture and tooling manufacturing where required. In addition, running secondary operations such as deburring parts, cutting raw materials, and general machine shop assistance. You will also aid in doing general shop maintenance, such as performing preventative maintenance on the equipment and cleaning of the general departmental area.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Machinist.
- Must pose an excellent safety and attendance record
- Must have basic machinist tools
- Must possess independent-thinking abilities, be proficient in general shop math, and must be able to perform responsibilities with limited supervision
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and able to complete tasks requested accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced teamwork environment
- Technical certification and/or equivalent work experience a must
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Fabricate parts to print
- Determine tooling requirements and communicate with Supervisor
- Track and enter time into an ERP computer system
- Keep machines and work area maintained
- Maintain professional and respectful behavior towards others at all times