We are seeking an engineering professional to become a member of a highly skilled Engineering team. The right candidate must have successful mechanical, pneumatics, and robotics design experience coupled with strong skills in 3D CAD modeling, 3D CAM software, and project management.
Provide, as principal contributor, the architecture and overall design of mechanical components or sub-systems used in various products. Translate general, possibly vague, product requirements into definition, architecture and design for complex systems. Participate in definition, scope, subsystem breakdown, preparation of specifications and project scheduling. Exercise judgment within broadly-defined guidelines in recommending and selecting methods and techniques for complex projects. Candidate must be proficient in theoretical and practical aspects of mechanical, pneumatic and robotics system and sub-system development, as well as architecture, design, specification, implementation and testing.
This position requires the following skills and technical expertise:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Project Leadership
- Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Pneumatic and Robotic system development
- 3D modeling and design using CAD software (Inventor, Pro-E, SolidWorks, etc.)
- 3D CAM Software (Esprit, Mastercam, SolidWorks CAM, etc.) for programming production CNC machines
- Tooling design experience
- High mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with DFM, DOE, DFA, FEA, CFD & 6-sigma principles
- Iterative product development experience
- Contribute and lead mechanical system development projects
- Revise existing system or sub-systems to improve cost, functionality and reliability
- Design custom tools for base system to facilitate specific customer application
- Participate in new product development
Occasionally create and make presentations to Sales, Marketing, Field Service, Manufacturing and various levels of management regarding product architecture, progress and schedule.